However, it is quite surprising how few know how to achieve this simple feat. Really, it’s child’s play if you follow the following useful tips to make your book, no matter how good or long it is, a number one bestseller.
1. First, make sure you’ve actually written a book. Amazing how many potential bestselling authors miss this first step.
2. Too simple for some, but rule 101 in creating a bestseller is buy your own book. Go crazy and blow your credit card limit here, as a faint heart never won fair lady. Make sure your book is super cheap then buy, buy, buy all day and night long.
3. Steal your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend or in fact anyone’s credit card and implement tip two, over and over again. I assure you it will make a difference to your bestseller status. Your marriage, relationship and criminal record? Well, you really want to be a bestseller don’t you?
4. Tell everyone in your family that you have a terminal illness and your last wish is to be a bestselling author before you draw your last breath. Tip. Make sure you look a little bit poorly though as you just can’t trust family to follow through on promises.
5. Open a Twitter account and get lots and lots of followers. When you have a goodly number, say 5,000, promise to pay $20 to everyone that buys your book. Now the really important bit. When about 1,000 of your Twitter followers have bought your book, leave town and change your name. Don’t forget to give your kids a forwarding address.
6. This last tip is a gem and only for those who really, really, really want to become a bestselling author. Are you ready for this? It’s not for the faint of heart. Ready? Sure? Ok, here is the last tip. Write a sensationally good book and ignore all the above tips.
There we go. Easy huh?